Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Are you kidding me?!?!?!

I got an email last week from the President of my former club (yes FORMER), asking me and the other two members of the executive board if we could meet on Monday night. Sure, no problem. I was expecting to hear that my budget was going to be cut, but instead they cut the elite team entirely. They bowed to the preasure of a sponsor, and decided to put all their eggs in a master's team basket. I have no problem with that, even though I think you get very little if anything out of a master's team.

No, the only thing that really pissed me off was the timing. IT'S OCTOBER!!!! Do they have any idea how difficult it is to find a team in October, especially a good team? I am screwed. I made a few calls and got the guys who could race masters' on the new masters squad. The rest of us are screwed right now though. So now it's time to get the resume together, and try and find that magic fit on another team. A number of people called and talked to me about forming a new team, and that is possible, but I would prefer to join a team that already exists.

I am sure there will be more on this later in the off-season. Last thing: When you go to SoCalcycling.com on Monday morning after San Dimas (or any race for that matter) who do you see on the home page? The winner of the men's pro race, not the winner of the master's 35+. Good thinking guys.

No comments: