Wednesday, June 20, 2007


It is now mid-June and my form is starting to come back around. The rest of the season is nothing but crits so I guess with my new found form I will be looking to get in some breaks and drive them. I have been getting a little more active at the front end of crits the last couple weeks as well, when it comes time to sprint. I have only had a couple of opportunities to really sprint hard this season, so it has felt good to mix it up a bit.

I didn't race this weekend, byut instead trained and spent time with the family. Last night was Eldo and even though the pace was pretty fast all night, I still had some juice to attack a few times, and get off the front. As soon as I go the group goes single file and chases me down. I guess that is the price you have to pay for being known to go in breaks and make them stick. Either way it was business as usual and we rolled around in circles until it was time to sprint. I had a good wheel with about 1k to go. Some goon from another team started coming over on me, so I had to throw the elbows out and make myself as big as possible. I have earned the rigth to be up there, and hence asserted myself for that position and got he wheel. Out of the last turn it was all systems go, and I jumped WAY to early. Not a big deal, since I had out sprinter on my wheel and he got going, but still came in just in front of me. I have a week off of Eldo next week, as I will be melting out in the desert the River. The forecast for the high in Yuma....108 on Monday. Holy S*%T. This should be interesting. My forecast is for lots of complaining and whinning from teh wife, and kid.

On a happier note, I have a business thing in NYC in July, and have turned it into a family trip. Should be lots of fun. Kyle is all pumped about going there. I think he will have a blast. It may not be ther best thing for training, but I don't care, we are going to have fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.