Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Pain, Pain and more Pain


WOW, this weekend sucked. There was races Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I decided to skip the race Saturday and hang with the family. Wise choice. It was silly fast and only 33 guys finished.

As soon as I got to the start line Sunday I knew it was going to be a bad day. There was 43 of us and there was a good hand full of pros there. So the attacks started early. I got in a break with Tommy and Kirk and we lapped the field. Then all hell broke loose, with counter attacks. By the end of the day Tommy got 3rd in the sprint, i got 4th and Kirk got 6th. We ended up 5th, 6th, and 8th, since 3 guys had lapped the field a 2nd time. Holy Poop.

Monday was back to normal. 100+ guys and all the big teams were there. Again the break went early and I was the only schmuck from my team that made the break. We lapped the field. It was a huge break of about 20 guys. The counters started almost immediately. It stayed together until the end, and I ended up 13th. Pathetic.

I did put together a couple of really good rides after my week off the bike, so I can't complain that much, but I do wish I could have beat some of those guys yesterday, and gone top 5. This weekend is another big crit, so we will need to be firing on all cyclinders.

No comments: