Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A week off



Mid season is here, and that means one thing, time for a rest. Every season at this time, I have a work thing I have to go to in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. It's fantastic. A week of surf and sun (with a little work), and a bunch of cute women. The surf was good this year, so I got in the water a lot. The best part is my form was starting to drop off, so this was/is the perfect time to take a week off and recover. I got on the stationary at the hotel a few times, but nothing remotely hard. Just spun the legs out.
The second half of the season has started, and I will try and build up for another peak around mid-July. I would like to be flying again in August, and hopefully get a win this season. That is my personal goal this year. Get a WIN.

On a sadder note, Floyd Landis' trial has finally gotten under way. I for one do not think he doped. There are very few guys I would say that about. But I think Floyd did it the right way. Not to mention there is very little real evidence to support the charges of testosterone use. The worst part of the trial is, Greg LeMond decided to stick his big fat obnoxious nose into things. He has no business being the vioce of concern for USA cycling and cyclists. Shut up you big fat old man. He called Floyd to tell him to come clean. He had no knowledge of what the circumstances were, but told Floyd he should admit to something he didn't do. Well that pissed of a friend of mine who happens to be Floyd's business manager (Will). Will decided to make a call to LeMond the night before he was to testify and make some comments over the phone. That cost Will his job. A stupid thing on Will's part no doubt about it, but it should never have been a possibility. LeMond should make his bikes and let the USADA do their own thing. Just because you won the Tour doesn't give you the right to talk shit about everyone else. If he wants to clean up cycling, go to work for the USADA or USA Cycling, or WADA or the UCI, but until you do, SHUT UP. Ass.

That's all for now. Time to start hammering again, and see if we can get some big results this season.

No comments: