Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Coming Back

Last night was a good night. Raced Eldo and had a lot of fun. It wasn't too fast, but I only launched one attack all night, instead of my usual 5 or 6. No, last night I say on Drama and yelled at him to chase and attack all night. I was trying to get him to start racing like a real racer and not pack foder. It worked. He was toast by the end of the night, but I was yelling at him to sprint so he did. He got 4th. I started my sprint from about 25th and got up into about 10th or so. With about 50 more meters I would have been top 5 for sure. For the first time this season I was over 40mph in a sprint. That is pretty damn good, especially out at Eldo.

I think it's about time for me to start racing hard again, and get some more wins. The form is coming back, the legs feel good, and the weather is turning in my favor (hot).
Tons of good races coming up. La Mirada, Manhattan Beach, San Marcos, Aliso Viejo, SLO, Downers. I am not sure about Downers yet. I will have to talk to the guys and see who is heading back and then make up my mind.

Some good things that happened last night:

- I sprinted well
- Drama rode on the front (HOLY SHIT!!!!)
- No crashes
- Drama rode hard enough that he threw up after the race. That is the sign of a good ride.

No comments: