Wednesday, May 21, 2008



OUCH!!!! One week off the bike (business trip) and my legs go to complete crap. Did about 5.5 hours in the last two days, and neither ride was a good one. Hopefully the legs rebound a little for this weekend. Not too concerned, but none the less I hate to let the team down, when we are riding so well.

So some other notes of interest, I have added a few links on the right to a few sites I think are interesting.
If you get a chance, read some of the NY Bike Snobs stuff. Twisted? Yes. Funny? Also, yes.
Liz Hatch is another one to hit up. She's smart, funny, and not to hard on the eyes.
CBR. The best in local SoCal racing. These guys poor their heart into bike racing, and don't get enough back in my opinion. Give their races a try, you won't be disappointed.

Finally some random thoughts. Le Tour is a matter of weeks from now, and I for one am not all that excited about it. The field will be weak at best, and the problem I see is if they were to invite a certain team that has been excluded, I am not sure it would be a clead race. Contador just rode a 2nd place in a flat TT at the Giro yesterday, with a cracked elbow, and only a week of prep for the Giro. Something doesn't seem right to me. Levi looks good though, and I am convinced he a clean racer, but Alberto I have my concerns about.

Screw Europe, I like racing right here in SoCal. The land of industrial park crits, crashes, and home of the Elite National Road Race Championships this year.

No comments: